Saturday 16 August 2014

Chicken Curry overload


One thing I really love about cooking is inviting friends over for dinner. I know not the most original thought, but it is so much fun sitting down with them. And I've the good fortune of having friends who actually enjoy my cooking.
So yesterday I made dinner. It started out as a chicken-stir-fry, but somehow becam something similar to a chicken-curry-dish.

 Yes, smelled.

If you saw me cooking you would probably notice that I smell everything before it goes into a pot or a pan. (except for chicken, I seriously don't like the odour of raw chicken).
It might sound weird, but that is how I cook.






So back to the curry.
I know it is not really a traditional one, but since when have I ever done things the traditional way. But it turned out really well, and I thought it would be worth sharing with you.... luckily I took some pictures. (With my phone, so don't expect too much)






Ingredients:
  • chicken
  • sweet peppers, I prefer red and yellow
  • onion
  • garlic
  • pineapple, canned and diced, I usually try to use fresh fruits but they were out 
  • chickpeas
  • cream
  • coriander leaves
  • a red curry powder and a kurkuma powder; I got mine here
  • salt, pepper and as always a little bit of olive oil
  • oh, and if you have any lying around: chilli peppers alway go great in a curry


You basically dice everything and put it in a large pan. :) Yes, it is that simple...
Start by dicing the chicken and heating the pan. As soon as the pan is hot add a little olive oil - so the chicken won't stick - and put in the chicken. Fry it until it gets golden brown.

Reduce the heat and add in the sweet peppers, onion and garlic. (And the chilli peppers)
Let it cook for about 8 minutes and stir a few times.

Now add the chickpeas and the pineapple. If you are using canned pineapple add two to three tablespoons of the juice. If not use a little water. It will help to cook the vegetables.




As soon as the chickpeas are soft and warm add the cream and all your dried spices. Let it simmer for a couple of minutes taste the curry again. You probably have to add a little more spices and salt (at least I usually have to).



Shortly before serving the curry add the coriander leaves :)

That's it. Easy, isn't it?



Oh and I actually like to prepare the curry and than start cooking the rice. In my opinion the extra minutes of simmering add to the taste.


Bon Appétit


I hope you liked it, let me know if you ever try your hand on this one, please.

P.S.: See what i did here? I just jumped in. No apology or explanation. Yes, I was absent for a really long time, but life just happened and sometimes you can't do anything about it. But now i have a schedule figured out and I really hope that it will go as planned.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful recipe...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

  2. Thank you so much for the follow.
    Follow you back on bloglovin.
    Btw,I'm also on Instagram,maybe you like my account?
    Lovely greets from germany ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :)
      Danke! mein instagram-name ist vickysbistro :)
      oh und btw mir gefällt dein blog :)
      liebe grüße

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover