Wednesday 8 May 2013

Tortiglioni Peperonata.





I don’t know if you noticed or not but lately I’ve been inspired various recipes by Jamie Oliver. If you stick  to his recipes they always turn out really good (though – probably thanks to the lack of the necessary tools in my kitchen – I can’t seem to get the 15-minute- and a few 30-minute- meals done in time). And honestly I don’t really have the need to cook that fast, but by trying my knife skills have improved and I became a little more organized in the kitchen.
Yes, feel free to picture me in the kitchen hacking manically away on some onions, herbs and all kinds of vegetables.... Nice, uh?
The picture is not entirely true, because I actually try to use the proper methods to develope my skills. Hop over to Jamie Olivers site and have a look at the 'skills' videos. But just so you know it is really easy to get caught up in his videos and youtube-channel. I just really like what he comes up with and of course his accent J

So on to the recipe:
(please excuse the bad picture but I took the picture with my phone and there was no natural light)




You’ll need:
(for 2-3)
  • pasta, any kind will do. But I chose tortiglioni because it could really soak up the sauce.
  • 3 peppers, I used one red, one orange and one yellow
  • onion
  • garlic
  • olive oil
  • balsamic vinegar
  • crème fraîche
  • pepper, salt, parsley


This recipe is actually pretty basic, but the balsamic vinegar adds a little twist to it.


Start by cutting the peppers and placing them (in a large pan, and with some olive oil) over medium heat. Place a lid on the pan and let it cook for about 20 minutes. Just stir occasionally to make sure that nothing burns.

Meanwhile cut up the onion and the garlic.
If you use fresh parsley – and I highly recommend that – you can chop that now too and just put it aside for a little while.

Now add the onion and the garlic and cook it for another 10 minutes. Start preparing the water for your pasta and as soon as the pasta goes in the water add the vinegar to the peppers and again let it just sit there J
When the pasta is three minutes from being done (check the packaging) add a tablespoon of crème fraîche and the parsley to the peppers and stir well.
Now season the pepper-sauce with salt and pepper and maybe some basil.
Put the pasta in the sauce and toss it around. If you think it is to dry just add a little olive oil.


Serve with some parmesan.


Bon appétit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover